“You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge.” Eckhart Tolle
Reflect on each circle of the diagram above. Try to answer each of the individual questions:
What do you love to do?
What are you great at; what are your talents?
What talent can you provide to our world as a needed service?
- What service does our world need with an associated monetary value?
- Do you love to help people; love to help see them heal?
- Is one of your talents helping people; more specifically helping people feel better and heal?
- Do you find it rewarding to helping others improve a situation or condition they are facing?
The world in which we live in today needs much healing. Working in the healthcare environment is a vocation answering the call to help others and yourself, especially with healing. Working in a faith-based healthcare environment is an opportunity to provide holistic healing.
- Have you been listening to your calling?
“The simplest and most practical lesson I know is to resolve to be good today, but better tomorrow.” Venerable Mother Catherine McAuley, Foundress of the Sisters of Mercy